Jesus XP is a group based, Jesus centered discipleship experience. Together, groups explore the ways Jesus connected with God and others by reading The Gospels, discovering practices that center us in the Jesus way and learning how to apprentice with Jesus in everyday life.
This is how I
talk about it
1. The Jesus experience is an opportunity for you to live like you are one of the 12 disciples of Jesus.
2. With a group of friends, you dive into the words of Jesus by reading the gospels
together and practice the ways of Jesus in your everyday life.
What differentiates Jesus XP from other discipleship programs available today?
1. 1- It’s not a bible study; it’s a an experience with Jesus.
The goal is not more knowledge but turning knowledge into love. We believe life change happens as the words of Jesus move from your head to your heart through your hands.
2. 2- It’s not homework heavy; it’s practice based.
1. The goal is not more knowledge but turning knowledge into love. We believe life
change happens as the words of Jesus move from your head to your heart
through your hands.
3. 3- It’s not a discipleship curriculum; it’s reading the words of Jesus.
The curriculum is not an additional book, it’s the gospels and other books of the Bible. We believe people actually encounter Jesus in the Scriptures as they read the words of Jesus over and over.
4. 4- It’s not pastor dependent; it’s a people becoming the church movement
A trained guide or disciple-maker journeys with your group as you follow the leader of your group which is Jesus. Through the Jesus experience you become part of a movement of disciple-makers.
5. 5- It’s not churchy; it works for ordinary people.
The Jesus experience is designed to work for the same type of people Jesus called to be his disciples. Because of the simplicity of reading a single gospel and focusing on practices, the experience works for people who may or may not be part of any church.